Edited by Sundari Ravindran and Rakhal Gaitonde
The launch of the book Health Inequities in India: A Synthesis of Recent Evidence was held in the form of an interactive discussion on 23rd February 2018, at the Indian Institute for Human Settlements, Bengaluru. The book is edited by Sundari Ravindran and Rakhal Gaitonde (Springer, 2018). See link to book on Springer. The book brings together a vast expanse of research on health inequities in India, identifies research gaps, proposes areas for future research on the subject, and discusses all the major documented axes of marginalisation.
Dr. Upendra Bhojani (Faculty, Institute of Public Health & External Consultant, IIHS), hosted the conversation with the editors and contributors of the book:
1. Dr. T K Sundari Ravindran, Professor, Shree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum
2. Dr. Rakhal Gaitonde, Centre for Technology and Policy (CTaP), Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai, India
3. Dr. C Priyadarshini, Assistant Professor, M S Ramaih Medical College, Bangalore
4. Dr. Sudharshini Subramaniam, Assistant Professor, Madras Medical College, Chennai
5. Dr. Chitra Grace, Independent Researcher, Trivandrum
6. Dr. Prashanth Nuggehalli Srinivas, Faculty & India Alliance Fellow, Institute of Public Health, Bangalore
We welcome you to watch this interaction and to acquire a copy of the book for your institution.
Youtube link of the book launch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1awPdoDx1c