The Centre of Social Medicine and Community Health at Jawaharlal Nehru University & Achutha Menon Centre For Health Science Studies, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology, Trivandrum is happy to invite you to join a book launch event of Health Inequities in India: A Synthesis of Recent Evidence.
The book is edited by Sundari Ravindran and Rakhal Gaitonde (Springer, 2018). See link to book on Springer
The book launch and interactive discussion lead by Prof. Surinder S. Jodhka & Prof. Satish Deshpande is on 17th April 2018, at 5.30 PM, at the Indian Social Institute, 10, Institutional Area, Lodi Road, New Delhi
Prof.Rama V Baru (Professor, Centre of Social Medicine & Community, JNU, Delhi), will be chaired in conversation with the editors and contributors of the book:
1. Dr. T K Sundari Ravindran, Professor, Shree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum
2. Dr. Rakhal Gaitonde, Centre for Technology and Policy (CTaP), Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai, India
3. Dr. C Priyadarshini, Assistant Professor, M S Ramaih Medical College, Bangalore
4. Dr. Sudharshini Subramaniam, Assistant Professor, Madras Medical College, Chennai
5. Dr. Chitra Grace, Independent Researcher, Trivandrum
6. Dr. Prashanth Nuggehalli Srinivas, Faculty & India Alliance Fellow, Institute of Public Health, Bangalore
The book brings together a vast expanse of research on health inequities in India, identifies research gaps, proposes areas for future research on the subject, and discusses all the major documented axes of marginalisation.
This programme is free and open to public. All are welcome.
For any clarifications, contact Rajesh: 9447856252